- Engine - We removed the 1985 Volvo Penta MD-30A (see blog entry), cleaned and painted the engine room, and replaced it with a Beta 50hp.
- Hoses - Replaced raw water hose & exhaust hose.
- Steering- Rebuilt hydraulic steering.
- Fuel system - Installed new fuel hoses & Mr. Gasket electric fuel pump with ability to transfer fuel from tank to tank and polish fuel through Racor 500FG Turbine Series fuel filter/water separator.
- Windlass - Ordered new parts & rebuilt.
- Railing - Had Bruce at the machine shop (Independent Boat Yard, St. Thomas) custom make our stainless steel railing. Bought hardware & fasteners. Installed it from mid-ship aft on both sides to mount our new solar panels.
- Swim ladder - Had Bruce at the machine shop weld our broken swim ladder.
- Anchor chain & rode - Bought 200ft of chain. 150ft of chain on main anchor and 50ft chain plus 150ft rode on secondary anchor.
- Anchor upgrade - Bought Mantus 65 lb anchor to use as primary anchor.
SAILS & RIGGING
- Running rigging - Replaced all running rigging.
- Genoa - Brought Genoa to Joe at Quantum Sails in St. Thomas to replace sacrificial sun cover.
- Bought new (used) mainsail & mizzen sail from Bacon Sails in Annapolis
- Replaced both heads with Jabsco heads
- Replaced all hoses and clamps
- Bilge pumps
- Float switches
- Uniden UM380 VHF Radio
- Hand held VHF radio
- AIS receiver and transponder
- Bullet WiFi Internet antennae
- New battery bank
- Battery charger
- Solar panels - 600 watts
- Generator - Honda EU2000i
- Inverter - Xantrex Prowatt 2000
- Radar - Garmin
- GPS - Garmin 741xs
- Sextant - Plastic Mark III
- Hand bearing compass - Davis Instruments
- Life raft - Zodiac 6 person offshore
- EPIRB - ACR GlobalFix Pro
- Life jackets - Offshore self-inflating
- Kitty life jacket - Outward Hound, Size small
- Fire extinguishers
- Ditch bag
- Refrigeration - Rebuilt refrigeration boxes & installed (see blog entry)
- Propane solenoid - Installed Seward solenoid to prevent potential gas leaks inside of boat.
- Pressure cooker - To save time & money cooking. Use less propane & quickly cook beans, potatoes, & more.
- Threw away old cushions & made brand new salon cushions with new foam & upholstery
- Wind scoop - To get better air circulation when at anchor.
- Solar vents - Installed solar vents in both heads to improve air circulation, reduce mold, and reduce temperature.
- Fans - Replaced old fans with energy efficient Caframo fans.
- Air conditioner - We got a little energy efficient window unit. Mainly for use at docks with lots of bugs and little wind.
- Cabin lights - Replaced old lights with energy efficient and brighter LED lights.
- Reading lights - Replaced old ugly reading lamps with bright, energy efficient LED ones.
- Head lights - Replaced old lights in both heads with energy efficient LED lights with white & red settings.
- Label maker - For labeling everything!
- Book shelf - Built an oak bookshelf into the fold down table in the salon.
- Shelving - Stained and varnished IKEA spice racks and installed in heads and salon.
- TV - Installed small flat screen TV in salon, and mounted on Cheetah movable bracket.
- Speakers - Installed speakers in aft cabin.
- I-SUPs - Tower inflatable paddle boards for exercise, transportation, and enjoyment.
- Watermaker - Katadyn 1.5 gallon per hour.
- Water jerry cans - five 5 gallon scepter cans.
- Hand tools
- Power tools
- Sewing Machine - Sailrite Ultrafeed LSZ-1
- Washing machine - Manatee
- Printer - HP
- Fishing equipment - Foldspear, Lobster snare, Hand reel, Net, and Fillet kit